Mental health coaching is a booming industry. If you’re interested in getting certified as a mental health coach, there are a few things you need to know.
This blog post will discuss the different certifications available, what you need to do to get certified, and the benefits of becoming a mental health coach. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is Mental Health Coaching?
Mental health coaching is a newer field that helps people address their mental health concerns. Mental health coaches are not therapists or life coaches.
Instead, they help people with mental health conditions set and reach goals. They may also provide support and guidance but cannot diagnose specific conditions.
Mental health coaching is different from being a therapist because therapists focus on mental illness, while mental health coaches focus on mental health concerns.
Life coaches, on the other hand, focus on goals and obstacles. While they may provide some support, their main goal is to help you achieve your goals.
Benefits Of Getting A Mental Health Certification
While certification is not required to become a mental health coach, it can provide numerous benefits, including an increased chance of getting hired, higher pay, and more career opportunities.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the top benefits of getting a mental health certification.
- Get hired more easily – Many companies prefer to hire certified mental health coaches because they have met specific standards and have the necessary skills and knowledge to help clients achieve their goals.
- With a certification, you can show potential employers that you’re serious about your career and have the skillset to back up your claims.
- Earn more money – Certified mental health coaches tend to earn more than those without certification.
- In fact, according to Payscale.com, the average yearly salary for certified coaches is significantly higher than for non-certified coaches.
- Have more career opportunities – With a certification, you’ll have access to more job opportunities than those without one.
- Many coaching positions require certification, so having yours will allow you to apply for jobs you otherwise wouldn’t be qualified for.
- Not to mention, as mentioned above, certified coaches tend to earn more money than those without certification. It’s a win-win.
How To Get Your Mental Health Certification
You’ll need to follow a few steps to get your mental health certification. The first is to complete training on the mental health coach certification track.
You can find these pieces of training offered at different locations.
Still, most programs require NLP Life Coach Education, Coach Mentoring, Master Coach Training, and a Mental Health Coach Course.
Once you’ve completed one of these training, you’ll be able to take the certification exam. Once you’ve passed the exam, you’ll be officially certified as a mental health coach.
Becoming A Mental Health Coach: In Closing
As you can see, there are many benefits to getting certified as a mental health coach.
If you’re serious about starting a career in coaching, we recommend pursuing certification so that you can enjoy all the advantages of it. Thanks so much for reading.
Sandra is a health blogger based in San Diego, California. She is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle. She loves being outdoors and exploring new places with her husband. She is a mom of two awesome kids and a dog named Luna!