With the third age, it is known that the risks related to health increase, but it is also more difficult to keep fit.
In this period of life, the individual encounters inevitable drops in energy and often, this negatively affects the normal daily routine.
To counteract the natural aging of the body, supplements for the elderly are a valuable aid to feel more active, fight stress, and also improve one’s cognitive abilities.
Without considering that for everyone, even the youngest, the lack of vitamins and mineral salts is one of the main reasons that lead to the weakening of the body and make our innate barriers ineffective (resulting in the development of diseases).
The supplements for the elderly on the market are valid allies for:
- Combat chronic weakness.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Prevent the onset of various disorders.
- Counteract the loss of muscle tone.
When to take Supplements for Debilitated Seniors?
For those who are a little over the years, it is very important to acquire all the nutrients and vitamins for energy necessary for their daily needs.
However, in some cases, a wrong lifestyle can compromise the health (and immune response) of the elderly person.
Supplements should be taken in case of:
- Bad nutrition
- Lack of physical activity
For example, you have surely heard of fiber and probiotics: fiber (or prebiotics) are non-digestible carbohydrates found mainly in bran, legumes, and vegetables; while probiotics are beneficial bacteria that live in our gut (but are also present in yogurt and fermented foods).
Both fiber and probiotics are essential for our digestion and our health. They are the best vitamins for women and also very good for your eyes.
For example, if you are working online, using a vpnwelt best vpn to surf the internet, you should take vitamins for your eyes.
An unbalanced diet may not get the right amount of fiber or probiotics into your body, resulting in intestinal disorders, metabolic and neoplastic diseases, and increased overweight and obesity.
Poor nutrition (perhaps because red meat, milk, and derivatives are abused) can also cause circulation problems and, consequently, problems with the brain and heart (high cholesterol, hypertension, stroke, etc.)
It is, therefore, a good rule to reduce animal fats in favor of fish (especially bluefish, rich in amino acids, which are essential for the synthesis of proteins, and in omega-3, essential fatty acids) and in favor of vegetable fats such as extra virgin olive oil.
As for movement, however, it is scientifically proven that, for example, it is possible to keep blood sugar under control (i.e., keep low) with thirty minutes of physical activity every two days.
Even in cases of diagnosis of diabetes, it is possible to obtain incredible benefits: reducing drugs and even healing.
However, not everyone, especially in old age, can exercise.
For those who do not follow a correct balanced diet, or cannot carry out physical activity, fortunately, we can intervene by administering specific supplements for the elderly.
Remember: supplements must be taken with safety, by first reading the package leaflet and above all with the approval of your doctor.
Vitamin supplements for older people can be purchased in several ways. They are also available at various online stores with home delivery.
In this case, the safest way to make the payment is through the use of cryptocurrencies, as these are fully traceable operations. You can make use of virtual currencies for payments if you buy usdt .
Vitamins You Need as You Age
In choosing the right and complete supplement of what vitamins to take daily, those of advanced age should take into account the most important vitamins and supplements that they may need most.
- Vitamin A counteracts visual disturbances and protects the skin.
- Vitamins of group B (especially b6 and b12) and folic acid, are essential for the liver, the nervous system, and the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels.
- Calcium is essential (together with vitamin D) for bones, teeth, muscles, and the transmission of nerve impulses.
- Iron, whose main function is the production of hemoglobin and myoglobin.
- Phosphorus, which accelerates the calcification process of bone fractures, is the basis of energy production and is fundamental in the communication between cells.
- Magnesium, is useful for the metabolism of glucose and fats, for the regulation of cholesterol production, and the production of energy (but not only).
- Potassium helps, for example, to maintain normal blood pressure, reduces the risk of kidney stones, and participates in muscle contractions.
- Selenium, the insufficiency of which can lead to a tendency to be overweight and hypothyroidism (selenium helps to assimilate iodine).
- Zinc: fights the negative effects of free radicals, stimulates the immune system, and facilitates the healing of wounds and ulcers.
Sandra is a health blogger based in San Diego, California. She is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle. She loves being outdoors and exploring new places with her husband. She is a mom of two awesome kids and a dog named Luna!