It happens to a lot of men. There isn’t an adult male alive who doesn’t at one point see that his hair – or lack of it – is telling him that his youth is beginning to slip away.
Since the early 1980’s, however, more and more men refuse to accept thinning hair. When Sy Sperling broadcast his first commercial for the Hair Club for Men in 1982, men first realized that baldness was a condition that they could treat. It was no longer a fate.
It was the beginning of a new era in treating male pattern baldness and men’s hair care in general.
Most people try to take care of their hair, but they also subject it to some pretty harsh stuff on a daily basis: damaging UV rays, pollutants that clog follicles, different chemicals, etc.
If you have an interest in having the best head of hair possible and trying to be proactive about keeping it, there are certain simple steps that you can take.
Everyone is different. Haircare for one might not necessarily work for another. For example, Black men should always give additional attention to moisturizing and conditioning, which will more effectively address the cuticle structure of the hair.
Black hair develops into tight curls very early on, and it also grows more slowly than, say, Asian or Caucasian hair.
Consequently, if a certain hair quality and length is a goal for Black men, hair products and care that promote both are necessary.
- Black Male Hair Growth Tips
- Black Male Curly Hair Tips
- Best Black Male Hair Products for Waves
- A Fresh Look
Black Male Hair Growth Tips
While there are some basic things that help stimulate hair growth for Black men, there is one new product that will significantly help to accelerate the process back to new-found confidence if used alongside your specific hair-care regimen.
Because of the composition of Black hair, Black men can take basic steps such as the following:
- Healthy Diet: Fruits and vegetables, vitamins (B, iron, zinc, multivitamins), protein-rich foods, plenty of hydration
- Exercise: 30 minutes each day stimulates blood flow to the follicles and the hair’s thin cuticle structure.
- Oils: Nightly 20-minute scalp massages exfoliate the scalp and penetrate the spiral structure of African-American hair.
Best Shampoo For Black Male Hair Growth
Using certain shampoos is also a great help. While there a great many from which to choose, here are five that you might want to consider:
- Hair Type: All, Oily, Aging, Dry, Normal
- Creates stronger, fuller hair with a unique combination.
- Key Ingredients: Natural & Certified Organic ingredients, including aloe vera, pro vitamin B-5, vitamin E, silk amino acids, tea tree oil, and peppermint. 97% natural, 83% organic.
- Scent: Tea Tree, Peppermint
- the Warriors Plant
- The Peppermint Oil Intertwined with Vitamin Rich Conditioner Stops Dandruff!
- Heal Your Hair
- Hair growth shampoo for thinning hair with thickening natural oils to increase volume and texture while strengthening hair fibers
- Protect strands against damage, breakage and split ends
- Get Thicker Fuller Hair
- Biotin B-Complex Formula
- Boost Hair Strength
- Hair Type: Oily, Dry, Normal
- Sulfate Free
- Gentle on Curly & Color Treated Hair
- Infused with Keratin
- Deeply Moisturizing
- Brand: AMERICAN CREW
- Target Gender: Male
- Hair Type: All
- Adds shine to hair and softens the skin
- Detangles & conditions the hair
- Hydrates the skin
Black Male Curly Hair Tips
There are many different and great curly hairstyles for Black men. Using a few suggested products and some easy tricks, it’s not all that difficult to unlock the secrets of natural-looking curls.
- Find the Right Barber: All it takes is one bad haircut, and you’ll have to cut it all off and start over.
- Stop Using Combs to Detangle: Use a detangling brush, since combs affect the natural curl pattern. Eliminate as many knots as possible during washing and conditioning.
- Shape and Define: Apply gel in circular motions to define and hold the curls.
There are plenty of quality hair products out there for Black men’s hair, which goes for the curls as well. Here’s a list of some suggested ones:
Black Male Curly Hair Products
- Increases Volume, Strength and Shine
- No Sulfates
- Made with Argan Oil
- For All Hair Types
- For Men & Women
- nutrient-rich formula that delivers vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fatty acids
- Detangles For Less Frizz & Fly-Aways
- Ingredients: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum / Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Trideceth-6, Limonene, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citric Acid, Coumarin, Linalool, Passiflora Edulis Fruit Juice, Bisabolol.
- Hair Type: Curly
- Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner
- Creates a base layer of moisture to prime hair for styling
- Deeply hydrates curls with no greasy residue left behind
- Helps to seal hair’s cuticle layer to prevent frizz and promote shine
- Item Form: Cream
- Hair Type: Dry to Normal Hair type
- Hydrator natural hair styling cream.
- Light to medium hold
- Paraben fre
- Ingredients: Active Natural Oils: Spearmint, Nettle, Clove, and Hemp Seed
- Color: Red
- Material: Eva,sponge
- Shape: Oval
- Get your hair twisted anywhere any time
- Get a barber’s cool look all by yourself
- Have the freshest hair around
- Environmental protection material sponge with big hole, soft skin-friendly
Best Styling Products for Black Men’s Curly Hair
- Shampoo and Conditioning: Treasured Locks H2G Emu Oil Shampoo, Treasured Locks H2G Emu Oil Conditioner
- After Washing and Conditioning: H2G Hair Growth Serum
- Styling and Combing: Knot No More
- Enhance Natural Curls: Supernatural Curl Tamer
Best Black Male Hair Products for Waves
Another go-to hairstyle for Black men is the 360Wave. Because of the structure of Black hair, this is a style that only Black males can wear. If you’ve ever seen the hairstyle that looks like ripples in a pond or waves at the beach and starting from the crown of the head, then you know what a wave looks like.
There are also lots of great products that help to achieve this effect, some of which are right here:
- Matte Styling Wax for Men
- Medium Hold
- Scent: Vanilla
- Item Form: Gel
- Hair Type: Kinky, Curly, Wavy, Straight
- Ingredients: Main – Water, Hops Flower Extract, Sweet Almond Protein
- Item Form: Cream
- Hair Type: Wavy
- Gluten Free
- Natural balm with extra hold
- Ingredients: Safflowr, Castor, Olive, Hempseed, Jojoba, Organic Beeswax, Soybean Oil, Raw Shea Butter, Raw Honey, Soy Lecithin, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Fragrance.Safflowr, Castor, Olive, Hempseed, Jojoba, Organic Beeswax, Soybean Oil, Raw Shea Butter, Raw Honey, Soy Lecithin, Tea Tree Oil
- Scent: Cocoa
- Item Form: Cream
- Hair Type: Wavy
- Silicone Free
- Adds life, moisture and superior shine for great look
- The more you train the more waves you get
- 100% Pure and Cold Pressed
- Hexane Free
- Skin Moisturizer
- Carrier Oil
- Scent: Fragrance Free
5. Olive Oil
- For All Hair Textures & Skin Types
- Nourish, Strengthen & Replenish Elasticity
- Deep Conditioning
- Great for moisturizing, soothing, healing and massaging
- This Multipurpose Oil is Made in the USA
A Fresh Look
Whether it be curls, waves, or something more traditional, remember that a well-groomed man, one who takes exceptional care of his hair, can look quite attractive, modern, and youthful.
Haircare and hair growth for Black men aren’t difficult; all it takes is applying a few easy tips, selecting certain products that work for you, and sticking with them. Actiiv is also being used for hair rejuvenation. As per many Actiiv reviews by users, along with before & after images, one can say this product really does help people suffering from hair loss. Everyone wants good-looking hair, and, let’s not forget – we all want healthy hair.
Contribute By Kiierr.com
Kate is a health & lifestyle blogger who spends her entire day writing quality blogs. She is a passionate reader and loves to share quality content prevalent on the web with her friends and followers and keeping a keen eye on the latest trends and news in those industries.