Scientists and researchers are always discovering how naturally-occurring compounds can promote health and healing without potentially harmful drugs or chemicals. But there’s so much information out there, and it’s hard to know exactly how to heal your body naturally.
Luckily, we’ve done the research for you! Read on to discover all you need to know about healing your body naturally.
Healing with Foods
Many people think of healing in terms of seeing a doctor or getting some kind of special drug prescribed. While there are often instances where you do need to see a doctor, you can also do your part to help your body heal by eating the right foods and avoiding the wrong ones.
According to one study, nearly 40% of cancers are linked to nutrition and dietary factors. A healthy diet can not only reduce instances of cancer, but it can also help prevent obesity, heart disease, and other illnesses. So, if you want to help your body heal while preventing diseases, what foods should you eat?
- Leafy Greens
- Greens such as spinach, kale, and arugula have anti-inflammatory properties and are high in vitamin C. Plus, they are rich in antioxidants, making them ideal for healing the body.
- Berries, Nuts, and Seeds
- Berries are high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants that provide immune support and help the body heal.
- Nuts and seeds provide healthy plant-based protein and essential immune-boosting compounds like vitamin E, zinc, and magnesium. Try for almonds, walnuts, pecans, and sunflower seeds.
- Certain vegetables are excellent for healing and recovery. Broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts contain vitamins C and B, and nutrients can help reduce inflammation and kill infected cells.
- Healthy high-carb veggies like sweet potatoes are very good healing foods. Your body uses them for energy to help the healing process, plus they contain very beneficial compounds like carotenoids and manganese.
- Chicken, Turkey, and Salmon
- Chicken and turkey both contain beneficial proteins and amino acids that are believed to be essential for healing.
- Salmon is packed with healthy fats, iron, zinc, protein, and B vitamins, all of which can help promote healing.
It’s also important to note that you should consider eating these and other healthy foods regularly. Eating them only after you have suffered an injury or illness can help, but making them a staple of your diet is essential for keeping your body healthy and happy.
Healing with Sleep
While studies on sleep have brought mixed results, most experts believe that adequate sleep is possibly even more important than nutrition when it comes to healing the body. Getting between 7 and 9 hours of sleep a night is ideal. If you don’t get enough sleep, your body may struggle to heal itself for these reasons:
- When you sleep, your body can focus its energy on healing you by releasing hormones to aid in tissue growth and repair.
- Your body produces more white blood cells when you sleep, which can attack bacteria and viruses.
- Adequate sleep is essential for your immune system’s proper function.
Healing Stubborn Injuries Naturally
Sometimes, when your body just isn’t healing fast enough, it’s time to seek out help no matter what you do.
When people think of “natural healing” they usually don’t think of chiropractors but they should. The truth is facts about chiropractic care surprise a lot of people. Chiropractic care is all about safe and natural ways to get the body back into its proper alignment. And, it’s not only about fixing back problems. In fact, chiropractors can help in a lot of ways:
- Stress and anxiety relief
- Pinched nerves
- Blocked ears
- Shoulder pain
- Neck pain
- Poor posture
- Fibromyalgia pain
- Immune system boost
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Sprains and strains
- Carpal tunnel
The reason that a doctor of chiropractic can help with all this is because they look at the body as a unit. When one part of that unit is injured or out of alignment, it affects the other parts. So your back pain may not even be a problem in your back. Your headaches may be directly related to your posture or even your diet. A chiropractor can help you figure this out.
Frequently Asked Questions
✅ Can Your Body Heal Itself From Anything?
Our bodies are very good at healing themselves but some things are just too powerful. Of course, this varies from person to person, and many different factors contribute to whether or not the body can heal itself. Obviously severe injuries are an example of things that the body has a hard time overcoming. But the body is designed to fight against many different types of maladies. The best thing you can do to promote healing is to start eating healthy, exercising, and sleeping well before you need to heal. Prevention, as they say, is the best medicine.
✅ What Foods Heal Your Body?
Foods with beneficial vitamins, nutrients, and compounds for healing include spinach, kale, arugula, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, salmon, chicken, turkey, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts. If you make an effort to eat fewer processed and sweetened foods while eating more whole foods, you’re on the right track.
✅ How Do You Heal The Inside Of Your Body?
Healing the inside of your body is much like healing the outside. Eating healthy and sleeping well can benefit internal and external injuries. Suppose you do have problems that don’t want to go away. In that case, you can always see a professional like a chiropractor or a nutritionist to help heal the inside of your body naturally and safely.
There is no magic bullet that can help your body heal. Instead, it’s important to focus on eating the right foods for healing your body, sleeping 7 to 9 hours every night, and seeing a professional when necessary. The best time to think about how to heal your body naturally is before you have some injury or malady that needs healing. Start a healthy lifestyle now, and it will help you heal in the future.
I am Kate, a dedicated health advocate. My purpose is to educate you regarding the most current wellness trends, offer science-backed insights to enhance your understanding, and present actionable tips to support you on your journey towards a healthier and happier life. Let us commence this wellness path together!