Living with back pain can be a huge challenge for many people and this kind of back pain is an extremely common problem and can affect anyone. There are many different causes of back pain, either due to lifestyle factors such as poor posture, or medical factors such as pregnancy.
Luckily, you don’t have to live with the pain as there are plenty of Total gym exercises for lower back pain you can try out in order to help ease soreness. If you’ve been resting in hopes that it will go away with time, the best way to ease the pain is actually to keep moving. Check out these total gym back exercises to ease lower back pain.
The best workout for the back
If you want to discover the best total gym exercises for lower back pain, we’ve put together a helpful guide on an example workout for the back.
Stomach crunches build strength in both the lower back and the stomach muscles, making it a good exercise to ease any lower back pain.
- Lie back on the floor and keep your feet flat with your knees bent
- Place your hands behind your head and raise your shoulders off of the floor. Be sure to keep your stomach muscles tight
- Hold this position, then lower yourself back down.
Also Read: How to Warm up Before Lifting in 10 Minutes
When doing stomach crunches, be sure to use a yoga mat or something similar to ensure your back is comfortable.
This exercise targets the hamstring specifically, but your hamstrings as a supportive muscle, which is why it’s also a great workout for the back.
- Lie on your back and bend one knee
- Thread a towel beneath the ball of the foot on the unbent leg
- Pull back on the towel while straightening your leg above you
- Hold this stretch, then repeat on the other leg.
Wall sits are a great way to engage your legs and stretch the lower back. This is one of our favorite total gym back exercises as you can make it into a challenge to see how long you can hold it!
- Stand with your back to a wall
- Lean against the wall until your spine is flat against it.
- Slide down the wall until your knees are bent at 90 degrees, then press your lower back into the wall
Using a foam roller when working out the back
Using a foam roller could be exactly what you need to incorporate into your back workouts. The foam roller uses pressure and movement to stimulate blood flow, which can ease any inflammation and break down tightness in the muscle. To use a foam roller, follow the below steps:
- Lie on your back and bend your knees
- Place the foam roller under the lower back
- It’s important to stay away from the spine, so focus on either side of the lower back and apply pressure
- Gently roll up and down.
Frequently Asked Questions
✅ What gym equipment is best for lower back pain?
Using a cross trainer in the gym and a foam roller afterwards can be extremely effective for the lower back. As a cross trainer uses fluid motion, there is no risk of jarring your back. A foam roller is a great way of repairing damaged muscle tissue. This means you’ll feel less soreness and can perform exercises with better form.
✅ How do I strengthen my lower back at the gym?
Good mornings are a great weighted exercise to perform in the gym to strengthen the lower back. You can stand with a bar across the top of the shoulders, then lower the torso forwards by bending the hips. Keep your head and back straight.
✅ Is walking good for lower back pain?
Walking is a great form of low-impact exercise. It can reduce lower back pain and is an effective workout for the back and the whole body in general.
✅ What is the fastest way to relieve back pain?
There is no quick fix to relieving back pain. Ice packs are beneficial straight after an injury or strain. However, daily stretches are your best bet to easing pain and keeping the muscles healthy.
Suffering from lower back pain is no easy task and can often be quite sore and problematic. A gentle workout of the back is a great way to ease soreness and increase your muscle ability. We hope this helpful guide on total gym back exercises work as a solution for any soreness you’re suffering from. A workout of the back can only help in the long run!
Contribute By Pulseroll